Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Conversation by the Dordogne River.

Gary and I sat on the patio at a restaurant on the Dordogne river and watched the boats go by, very slowly.

The sky was full of clouds and it had been drizzling for most of the day.

It was the perfect opportunity to do nothing but drink two glasses of red wine under the wainscotting of grape vines and Bouganvilla. Ancient stone buildings stood around us, silently monitoring the passage of generations.

What else to talk about in such a setting, but...women.

The pace of life here is so slow, languorous even, I feel that I could live in a place like this and be happy. It's difficult to know the depth of such feelings while on a small vacation.

Who knows? Maybe someday I will live in Europe. What a thought! To live and work and raise a family in Europe!

I very much doubt I will live in Los Angeles for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home